08 August 2010

Two-Year Blogiversary


Here I sit with a singing Scrag on my lap and I just suddenly realised the date - 8th August. It's TWO YEARS today that I started blogging.

Two years recording my life in great detail. Two years meeting like-minded mamas and making wonderful new friends. Two years pouring out my inner thoughts. Two years taking photos of everything (and I mean EVERYTHING - the laundry, the dishes, my bloodshot eye and a pooey nappy stuck on the roof...)

Here's my post from last year's Blogiversary: Why I started Blogging and all That



My family have gotten used to being in the eye of the camera storm.
My hubby exercises the right to veto shots of him in Superman Undies. Did you spot that one before her ordered it removed??

I have rediscovered a love of writing. I love nothing better than to sit tapping away, pouring out my thoughts (easier without a wriggly toddler on your lap. Scuse my spelling tonight!)

When I saw this date coming up last week, I made a mental note: think up something cool for my Blogiversary post. so tonight I offer you the most amazing post about.... er, nothing.
I have nothing.


It's been a crappy rainy weekend nursing a headcold. Creativity has been at an all time low. Tissue consumption is at an all-time high.



But I didn't want the moment to pass without marking it in some way. So I started writing, hoping something would come to me as I snuggle Superman and take One Step at Time (I just luv Jordin Sparks)... and wowee, I just had a great idea! Lightbulb moment...

I'm going to make a linky... and just for a laugh, would you...

...link up your VERY FIRST blog post???!!!

 Yesssss! that would be a fun trip down memory lane, dontcha think?

How much water under the bridge? How much have we changed? How much better is our writing? Our photography?? Our comment levels??!! Ha ha!

OK, so as Mr Scrag squirms and protests, do me a favour and link up wouldya? I could use a good laugh. (and don't forget to leave me a comment so I know you've joined up. Ta, lovies!)



FOLLOW ME ON Facebook // Twitter // Instagram // Bloglovin //

20 comments:

CraftyMummy said...

Ok - I was brave ;)

Sammy said...

I was brave too. Wow, so much has changed but I remember what THAT time felt like so clearly. I want to just hug the me from 11 April 2008 and say that it will be ok

Weza said...

Hey looking back to the first post is kinda scary. But I did it. Happy Bloggerversary. xxx

banban said...

Congrats on 2 years, isn't it good having this online diary!
I've linked on too. xx

LindyLouMac said...

Congratulations on your blogging anniversary. I just popped over to listen to Sunday Song but ended up linking to first blog post. It is the first one I wrote for blogger but the archives of my old LJ journal were the post prior to that,but I never regarded that as a Blog.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! I've linked up with my first post for this blog - my other blogs are long since deleted! :)

Widge said...

haha awesome idea!!! and my first ever post sux big time :)

EYE can make that! said...

Congratulations on 2 years of blogging.
I've linked up my 1st post... I don't know why I posted it... I guess Yana pulling out her tooth was the highlight of my day.

Gail said...

great idea! I'll come back and link up at a normal hour!!

Natasha in Oz said...

Happy Blogiversary Simoney! I am so happy that we met via the blogging world...maybe we will meet for real soon!

Thanks for linking up your song-I love it! Thanks also for the invitation to join in with your party. I have linked up my first post. It is very boring and no comments...very sad!!!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! Wow TWO years...that's awesome and it's a very nice idea to ask people to link up their first post.
My post was entirely off-topic..because I hadn't been entirely sure about the whole 'Blogging-about-depression-thing' so I posted something about music.

xoxo

Leslie said...

Happy Bloggy Birthday!!!!! I have to go back and check.. I think I started this blog last june. I kept an aol journal for about 4 years.
Have a great week

PaisleyJade said...

Congratulations on your blogging anniversary Simone! You are an inspiration in more ways than one. p.s. cool idea having a linky party!

Sophie said...

Wow love the blast from the past linky! I was looking back and realized the blog has been around since 28 April 2006... Almost four and a half years! I don't count the dabbles before that that were deleted! The photo made me laugh too - Thierry looks so young!!!

Couldn't believe I have done 823 posts in that time! I think I'll have to think up something special for the 1000th post!

Happy Blogiversary! So glad you started blogging Simoney!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Simone! Two years is quite an accomplishment! I'm so glad to know you!

Lyn said...

Lovely to meet you @ church on Sunday Simone...I have linked on my blog (no longer a blog-stalker...haha). Well done on 2 years blogging - I've a wee way to go, will be celebrating the first MONTH first!

Keep up the great posts : )

Mika said...

What a great idea!

Congrats on your 2 year anniversary! 2 Years on and still going strong, and inspiring us! Thanks!

Penny said...

Mine is my first birth story! Yikes! So glad it went better second time. Yay for your great blog Simone!

Anonymous said...

Ah, back when I was funny...

I miss that girl ;)
Trees x

Meghan Maloney Photography said...

Ahem...yes somewhat embarrassing looking back at my lack of writing style and funny fonts. Not to mention I thought life was super busy with one kiddlywink...ha ha little did I know!

Ah, a great trip down memory lane ;-) Thanks for the reminder to do so!

Post a Comment